Monday, July 14, 2008

Redemption in a blessing.......

As I sit in a lonely hotel room, miles away from any family or friends, I cant help but think how sad I am, right now. Not because I am away from my home, my dogs or my best friend in the world, I am sad because once again I've managed to make mistakes in my life that will ulitmately affect those I love the most. I used to have the "ME" mentality of that what I do only affects me. Well it doesnt.....at least not anymore. As you get older, you should become more accountable for your actions. Right? I read a passage this morning in my Bible on accountabilty (2 Corinthians 5:10) We all will be accountable for our lives when our number gets called. Have I lived in a way that I can be proud of? No. Can I change, starting today, my life so that I am? Yes. And thats what I intend to do. Doing the little things right. Give more and take less. Treat my body as a temple of God. Be a better son, brother, uncle and most importantly a even better husband. 27 years on this earth and I cant be proud of a single day, month, or year. But this will all change and it'll be the most dramatic and single most life changing day I can live. Because isnt that the blessing of each morning, I chance to turn it around?

4 comments:

big D wilsons said...

what a rare glimpse....
trust me, you have much to be proud of.

big D wilsons said...

by the way, now that you're updating, can i add you to my blog?

Anonymous said...

Mike, Whenever I get those feelings I like to read the writing of Marianne Williamson. I hope you enjoy it.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light , not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of god. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make and manifest the glory of god that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Authors Details: Marianne Williamson
"Our greatest fear" from her book 'A return to love'

ps i hate hotel rooms

Anonymous said...

the measure of a man is not where he stands in comfort and convenience, but where he stands in challenge and controversy.

it always comforts me to think it's never too late to turn it around. maybe i'm eternally hopeful, but i believe there are peaks and valleys and we must persevere for it is in the valleys when our character shines.

many people are on your side. unfalteringly, unapologetically, and unconditionally.