Friday, October 5, 2007

"Roller Coaster of Love" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Man, what a day! Today, I had a roller coaster of emotions (hence the title) I started the day with one of my buyers finally deciding to put an offer in on a great property (emotion=excited). This house had it all and was right on the price. However, we were not the only ones to think so. After running around town trying to have all bases covered, we submitted the offer. Its a gamble on multi-offer because you have one shot and you hope its the best deal on the table (emotion=anxious). Once I got back to the office, I got a call from a prospect from earlier this week. My team (Andrew and I) nailed our presentation on a seller and won the listing!!! A Creative home built in 2003 3/2/2 2065 sq. ft. with a basement in Lakewood Estates listed at $177,900. (emotion=accomplished). To say the least, we were boasting. Up until I got the call.............the offer I had put in on behalf of one of my clients didnt get accepted and we lost the house. Its was THE house, too. And we knew it. (emotion=frustrated). I am still pissed about the offer, but around 2 oclock this afternoon, I got a call from the District Sales Manager for the SW region from L'Oreal USA. They want to offer me the job I applied for! The job is in Lubbock (its was thought I might have to move to Albuquerque and be relocated) and I start Jan.1st. Salary, company car, mileage, expense account, 401k, insurance, quartly and yearly bonuses. They did however say that they want me working ASAP, so I will work as casual help until Jan.1st. That means I will be doing the same thing I am doing at the first of the year, only ill be paid hourly and have to use my own car. (emotion=STOKED!!!) needless to say its been a very trying, but oh so eventful day. I am a little sad, though. I guess what they say is true....you can always tell when your professional life is on the right track, when your personal life is going to crap. huh, who knew....................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you. Your personal life will only benefit from this, know that. You are my best friend and I can't imagine my life without you. I love you.